22 months! this has been a pretty big month for the bird...she has grown and changed a whole bunch, in my eyes.
- we ended last month with a few words strung together but she very quickly when to 2-3 word phrases to full on sentences that can understand!! her very first sentence wasn't very exciting in subject but i, myself, was so excited to be able to understand exactly what she said "mama, help get hair out of mouth". because she was twirling and dancing in her tutu and her hair had fallen in her face.
- she continues to be an excellent eater and tries just about everything we give to her.
- those darned molars finally finished coming in and we are getting her canine teeth now, all four at once. she can finally crunch carrots and crackers with ease.
- my most proud moment of the month happened a few weeks ago when she counted to 10 on her own, and completely unprompted. and after a couple weeks of practice, we are now up to 15!
- while at my parent's house for christmas, the bird finally laid down in the tub on her back and splashed around like a little whale. she's been very hesitant about lying on her back both in the pool and in the tub.
- "jack's big music show" is still a big hit in our house, with all the dancing, singing and playing music. her other favorite is "max and ruby".
- we are working on the potty training a bit more. she is finally excited to actually sit on the potty...unclothed...and hang out for a bit of time, reading books and sipping her juice. we haven't had a lot of success yet but, we are moving forward nicely.
- the first good snow happened while we were away for christmas. channing was so excited to take her first sled rides and stomp around in the snow in her new hello kitty snow boots.
- our girl is thoughtful, inquisitive and a great helper. she's a busy body but also a pretty good little snuggle bug.