i have been searching for the right new bedding to add to our master bedroom. i just wanted to lighten up the room with something fun and fresh. the trick is that we have a california king bed...which isn't easy (or affordable) to find bedding for. i finally found the perfect quilt at target, got it home to wash and then promptly spilled bleach on it. i honestly didn't even know a bottle of bleach was even in our laundry cabinet and of course, the lid was somehow loose. i was so mad at myself!!
i sat and stewed over it for a few hours...wondering if i should try to somehow cover up the spill or if i should add more bleach to make it look like it was on purpose. i finally decided on covering up. my concern with adding more bleach was weakening the fabric and eventually, the bleach would turn into holes. i even broke into my special stash of discontinued fabrics to make it work. i am honestly thrilled with the way it turned out! it wasn't anything like i expected to have but now that it's in our room, i am really pleased with it. i guess some accidents truly are happy accidents!